Investing in Our Communities, People and Principles
At Applied Digital, we are committed to the well-being of the earth and the people around us. We recognize the importance of operating in a sustainable way so that we are contributing to all of our collective futures.
Applied Digital’s next-generation datacenters are optimized for green computing. We conduct our business with energy efficient and eco-friendly approaches in mind and in practice in accordance with generally accepted “green computing” standards.
- Unlike traditional datacenters, our facilities are majority ambient air-cooled, which reduces cost and carbon footprint
- We choose geographic locations that allow us to minimize the use of mechanical or other cooling methods
- Our facilities vary the load and can rapidly shut down when the grid needs us to, which enables the grid to incorporate more intermittent generation (wind and solar) reliably
- We use alternative energy sources, such as wind, whenever possible
- As of January 2023, 36% of employees are hybrid or have some ability to work remotely, which reduces our cost and carbon footprint
- Our high-density datacenters and servers eliminate wasteful system components while getting the most compute out of the smallest physical footprint
- By streamlining our datacenter designs, we reduce the use of steel, concrete and other building materials
- We are exploring ways to use the heat from our facilities for other purposes such as green houses
Commitment to Principled Corporate Governance
Applied Digital seeks to have strong corporate governance, including a management team highly aligned with shareholders and a diverse Board of Directors. Named Executive Officers and Directors of Applied Digital own approximately 29.5% of the Company’s common stock, while five of six directors are independent, two of six board members are female, including one as minority. Applied Digital’s workforce is diverse on the site-level and headquarters, both with minority and gender representation.